2017年7月15日

A Story From My Life②


 One another day I saw a girl with a water pot. A Japanese NGO dug a well near her village, so she came there to get some water. 

 Her house didn’t have electricity.  It didn’t have a toilet, either.  She had to walk a long way to get water.  Her school didn’t have a roof. While she’d been in the crowded market, her life was threatened by Taliban’s attack.

 This trip made an impression on me. I’d been to Afghanistan more 3 times.

Then I was transferred to Tokyo.

 Later, the security condition of Afghanistan was getting worse. My company prohibited us to go there.

When I got back to my daily life, I realized how lucky I am.

 Being born in Japan in this era is, like winning the lottery. There is no war.  You don’t have to be a Kamikaze pilot.  Water is clean.  There is electricity all over the country. Washlets are everywhere.

 It’s a miracle.

 Moreover, I had some savings before I knew it thanks to the world stock markets.

 I was truly satisfied with my 25 year’s career as a photojournalist. When I was 50, I quit my job.

From now on, I want to do something that is helping people less lucky than me.

 At the same time I have a dream to work in a foreign country again, so I’m studying English with you.



 Steve Jobs said, “Your time is limited. You’ve got to find what you love”.

 Meanwhile, our time is increasing. The life expectancy of Japanese is soon reaching 90. That indicates some of us live more than one century.

 However, Japanese government debt are 200% more than GDP, and its increasing every year. You cannot expect enough pension in the future. You have to work until 70 or 80.

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life. You cannot do something you don’t like for such a long time.

Therefore, you’ve got to find what you love.  Loving what you do is essential.

And, over a long time, I’m sure your love for work will change. Right now Takashi san is an engineer working for one of the finest companies in the world. But your love for the semiconductor must change. You have to start looking for another target to devote yourself someday.

  At that time your savings will help you.



To prepare for your next life financially, doing overtime work is not a smart way. Put your money monthly into the stock markets, especially to the global stock markets. The Japanese economy is likely to shrink due to the decrease of the population.

Never put your money into the bank account. The current bank interest rate is only 0.001%. In addition, you lose your money in the bank if the inflation is coming. Historically the only way to beat the inflation is invest to the stock markets.

In the short term, the markets are vulnerable. But if you are patient, your rewards are huge in the long term. Your savings will increase both by the growth of the world economy, and the magic of compounded profits.

Fortunately, we Japanese are good at patience and discipline.



Finally I introduce some books which I was strongly impressed by. 

There are few good Japanese books about personal finance. My recommendation are;

_Jeremy Siegel   “Stocks for the Long Run”___McGrawHill

_Bob Clyatt   “Work Less, Live More”___Nolo

_Vicki Robin & Joe Dominguez   “Your Money or Your Life”___Penguin Book

 You can get these books through Amazon USA.



 Again, I’d like to tell you three conclusions from my life; 

1.    You’ve got to find what you love

2.    But your love of the work you now do may change someday

3.    So prepare financially by investing to the world stock markets



 Thank you all very much.




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

自然学校で

  このところ、勤務先の自然学校に連日、首都圏の小中学校がやってくる。 先日、ある北関東の私立中の先生から「ウチの生徒、新 NISA の話になると目の色が変わります。実際に株式投資を始めた子もいますよ」という話を聞いた。 中学生から株式投資! 未成年でも証券口座を開けるん...